Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We decided to stay at LaSienna to save money.I was excited to make it a part of the adventure, my husband was leary.We were cheerfully greeted by Yvette & she had prepared our room in advance & gave many NYC recommendations.The hostel is charming!The entrance is very secure-guests receive a key to the building as well as a key to their room.LaSienna has surveillance cameras running 24/7.Sharing a restroom is to be expected but a little awkward-we survived & would do it again 100%!!!! ”
- 21 May 2014 Kirsten USA
- “ Yvette's great, very accomodating and knows much about the city. ”
- 07 May 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ It was a great experience. La Sienna is more like a welcoming home instead of a hostel. Yvette, the owner, will make you fell comfortable and will help you as much as possible, giving you directions or any kind of information. The subway station is 2 blocks away, and so is the bus station to take you to La Guardia Airport. Nice and clean. I recommend it! ”
- 03 May 2014 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Yevette was a very gracious and helpful host! Our flight was late coming in and she accommodated us accordingly. Being a NY resident her whole life, she gave us great tips and advice on seeing/exploring the city. The place is a great value and you are walking distance to the subway. She keeps a clean and serene atmosphere. ”
- 24 Apr 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Great stay at La Sienna, great location (15-minute ride to Manhattan with the subway) and great value !! The owner is really friendly and gives tips about the city ! My room was spotless and clean ! I really recommend this hostel ! ”
- 07 Apr 2014 Jonathan Belgium
- “ Everything was fine. The host is very very kind. Yvette and Carlos always asked if we need something. The hostel is very clean. Everyday Carlos cleans the bathroom and the floor. The kitchen has everything you need. The rooms also are very clean and are arranged lovely. You have to share the bathrooms but that's not really a problem, because there is one for every floor. The area is queit safe, there is a police station right around the corner. The location is very central. ”
- 15 Feb 2014 Anonymous Germany