Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Located one block off main street for all the great Lapa nightlife, felt secure walking around at night but be careful for pickpockets and several people from the hostel lost their phones while out in Lapa at night. About 10 minute walk to metro, we had no difficulties. Pretty run down hostel on the interior but again a hostel, bathrooms could be cleaner, rooms could be cleaner. Was the worst of hostels I stayed in Brazil. We also booked a 10 bed room but were placed in a 20 bed room. ”
- 24 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Great spot, great vibes, really cool group of people working there. It's a party hostel in the heart of Rio's party zone, so, be prepared to get wild lol. Classical style house with the big shutter windows so plenty of light and air in the room (20 bed). Bathrooms were fine, but the mattresses were only OK and the wi-fi was pretty poor. That said, I feel like they managed to keep reasonable order during the chaos of the World Cup. What I got from this place was good times with good people. ”
- 11 Jun 2014 Ian USA
- “ I had a reservation at Lapa Hostel for one night. When I arrived and started checking in, a fellow from the dorms came down from his room and said a thief had broken the lock to his locker and took everything, including his passport. Consequently I decided not to stay there. ”
- 28 Feb 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ good location for central and party stuff. just need a clear logo to find out, walked twice on that street to find this hostel ”
- 26 Feb 2014 Anonymous China