Locomotive Light Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Got the apartment, which is separate from the main building a few blocks away. The main building can be hard to find as the sign is super small. Staff was so awesome and the bed was incredibly comfortable. ”
- 25 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ We stayed in the Locomotive Hostel for two nights and it was great. The staff was very helpful, the hostel is done and decorated with a lot of love and the location was perfect. Close to everything but not loud. If you are looking for a great hostel for a great place, this is your hostel! :) ”
- 20 Mar 2015 Anonymous Germany
- “ My husband and I arrived in the hostel in the early morning on Feb. 20. Although we couldn't check in yet, but Sziszu, the hostel staff, was so kind that he let us take a shower before we set off the tour sight in Budapest. We were so happy for that after 15 hours flight you know.Beside this, Sziszu told us about the public transport, attractions, the timetable of international terminal as well as recommending authentic restaurants! Locomotive is clean and comfortable. I like it all! ”
- 20 Feb 2015 Anonymous China
- “ Nice location right to the Keletti train station. There is a real Budapest atmosphere in this hostel. Staff is really helpful and it was nice to discuss with them. I really recommend it and will go back to this hostel next time I return to Budapest. ”
- 10 Sep 2014 Anonymous Switzerland
- “ Stayed here for a single night, as I travelled onto Vienna after arriving into the airport at close to midnight. The location was ideal for this as its right next to Keleti train station, which means it is served by the underground trains, which makes up for it being slightly out of town. The staff were very friendly and recommended the best way to get from the airport despite having to stay up to let me in. The WiFi signal was good and fans were provided so the room didn't get too hot. ”
- 26 Jul 2014 Anonymous England