Lodge In The City
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Moved to another hostel after first night. Good for a cheap bed, but be prepared for low standards of cleanliness and not very welcoming or friendly atmosphere. ”
- 05 Jan 2014 Hayley New Zealand
- “ The hostel was so disgusting! Old food and dust everywhere! Really felt like you only got more dirty after taking a shower than before. On top of that they gave me a wrong room (8 bed mixed instead of 6 bed female). When I confronted the staff they didn't really seem to care at all and it took me quite a while to get the extra money it'd cost me to book a female dorm back! Apperantly all the female dorms were occupied but they chose not to tell me this. Got quite a surprise when 4 guys came in! ”
- 02 Jan 2014 Anonymous Denmark
- “ The hostel was in need of an upgrade with the whole place looking quite old. The common room was alright, but the rest of the lodge wasn't great. Since it is on a central street and an old building it was very noisy all night. It is great that it is located downtown and near to all the good tourist attractions, but the noise was too much. Also, the staff didn't seem to care. All night the one staff member had drunk friends visiting or was texting. ”
- 04 Apr 2013 Anonymous Canada