Lucky Lake Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ WE need something to be put on the windows (like a metal thing not the curtains) to prevent mosquitos and spiders, this was the worst thing to find insects with you in the bed. ”
We're very sorry to hear about this! As we're situated in nature it's hard to keep insects away but we try are best. It's wise to bring some insect repellent if you don't like mosquitoes (who does??), we also have some at reception which you can use. Thanks for your feed back.
- 06 May 2016 Nesma Egypt
“ I super recommend Lucky Lake Hostel, the place is beautiful, the staff is super attentive and helpful , breakfast is great. The fact that the hostel is away from Amsterdam city center does not interfered at all in our schedule, the hostel free shuttle bus works very well. ”
Yay! Thanks for recommending us.
- 23 Apr 2016 Bárbara Brazil
- “ It's a bit far from city center, but the free shuttle, great atmosphere and environment, as well as the price really make up for it. ”
- 08 Sep 2015 Anonymous Indonesia
- “ Very good hostel! The best way to relax in amsterdam. ”
- 28 Aug 2015 Anonymous
- “ This is the best hostel I've stayed in; the staff are very friendly and there are lots of activities. The luggage storage is not secure and this could be improved by offering a room for luggage which the staff lock. In the shared dorms, using a normal door with a key means that the room could be left unlocked by someone in the dorm and this makes it less secure. Overall I loved my stay and would recommend to friends. ”
- 18 Aug 2015 Anonymous England
- “ Lucky Lake Hostel is by far the best hostel I have been too! It is very clean and beautifully colourful. The staff are keen to help you with anything you need. The vibe is great, it is relaxing and I felt welcome and well. I ended up prolonging my stay there. I would definitely recommend this hostel and look forward to go back! Thanks! ”
- 18 Aug 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ Lucky lake hostel is a beautiful place where we felt good to stay 1week. We enjoyed our stay, staff is kind et helpful, place is calm ans relaxing ! ”
- 19 Jul 2015 Julie France
- “ Great Hostel! Will stay here again - staff made sure to fix any issues as quickly as they could. The location is lovely - but you do need to make plans to spend a bit of time in transit is you plan to spend time in Central Amsterdam. Loved the Caravan, the experience and the ability to rent boats - such a beautiful part of the Netherlands. ”
- 05 Jul 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ The staff and the site were fantastic! It's such a beautiful area, and everything at the hostel is so unique and fantastic! The only thing my friends and I felt could be improved upon is the atmosphere and interaction between guests. Perhaps setting up a ping pong tournament or having a collective dinner could help liven things up. Otherwise, it was a perfect stay! ”
- 04 Jul 2015 Jessica Canada
- “ Despite its location, it is easy to get to and it has a great atmosphere! The breakfast was amazing every morning and they had a lot of amenities available on site. The location next to the lake was chill and we loved how friendly and quiet everyone was. We would definitely stay here again! ”
- 12 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA