Lucky Lake Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We had a lovely stay especially when we rend kayaks at Luky Lake Hostel. The Location is perfect: it has a private atmosphere but you can feel like home right from the beginning. If you are tough you can go for a swim in the beautiful (cold) lake. ”
- 04 Jul 2016 Sarah Germany
“ This hostel was one of our absolute favorites. Even though it's a good 15-20 minutes from central Amsterdam, the stay is well worth it. With cozy campers as houses alongside hammocks and a beautiful countryside, this hostel is a must stay at. We enjoyed our time at the hostel with access to bikes, a kitchen, lounges, free breakfast and wifi, and an excellent and friendly staff. ”
Wow! What a positive review, thanks a lot!
- 07 Jun 2016 Anonymous USA
“ WE need something to be put on the windows (like a metal thing not the curtains) to prevent mosquitos and spiders, this was the worst thing to find insects with you in the bed. ”
We're very sorry to hear about this! As we're situated in nature it's hard to keep insects away but we try are best. It's wise to bring some insect repellent if you don't like mosquitoes (who does??), we also have some at reception which you can use. Thanks for your feed back.
- 06 May 2016 Nesma Egypt
“ I super recommend Lucky Lake Hostel, the place is beautiful, the staff is super attentive and helpful , breakfast is great. The fact that the hostel is away from Amsterdam city center does not interfered at all in our schedule, the hostel free shuttle bus works very well. ”
Yay! Thanks for recommending us.
- 23 Apr 2016 Bárbara Brazil
- “ It's a bit far from city center, but the free shuttle, great atmosphere and environment, as well as the price really make up for it. ”
- 08 Sep 2015 Anonymous Indonesia
- “ Very good hostel! The best way to relax in amsterdam. ”
- 28 Aug 2015 Anonymous
- “ This is the best hostel I've stayed in; the staff are very friendly and there are lots of activities. The luggage storage is not secure and this could be improved by offering a room for luggage which the staff lock. In the shared dorms, using a normal door with a key means that the room could be left unlocked by someone in the dorm and this makes it less secure. Overall I loved my stay and would recommend to friends. ”
- 18 Aug 2015 Anonymous England
- “ Lucky Lake Hostel is by far the best hostel I have been too! It is very clean and beautifully colourful. The staff are keen to help you with anything you need. The vibe is great, it is relaxing and I felt welcome and well. I ended up prolonging my stay there. I would definitely recommend this hostel and look forward to go back! Thanks! ”
- 18 Aug 2015 Anonymous Canada