Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great location, two minute walk to beach/downtown/bus station. Amazing tico breakfast that is included in your reservation. You are definitely in the rain forest so you get to see all the animals and get woken up by howler monkeys. The only thing I would change would be to add another fan or a better fan in the rooms, they were very stuffy and another fan would go a long way. There is a night time security guard but the dorms don't really lock or close so if that bothers you. I had a great stay! ”
- 24 Apr 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Woke up to the sunrise beaming through the rainforest trees and a family of monkeys hanging upside down by their tails eating fruits, right in front of my face! Get the top bunk in the dorm, most amazing sleeping experience! Although, the privates look nice as well. This was also the best breakfast experience of the trip because it was a very relaxed and friendly environment, everyone was chatting and laughing, having a great morning! A great way to start the day, and good conversation. ”
- 29 Mar 2013 Ben USA
- “ IMy plane was 2+1/2 hr. late. I called Hostel - but they told me that I have to pay for taxi. I had it in writing from them, that after hrs., thay will pay for my taxi. THEY DID NOT. ”
- 14 Mar 2013 jaroslav USA
- “ Awesome atmosphere! A place to chill in a hammock for half the day. Family breakfasts and friendly staff hang around with you. Lots of non-natives/fellow travelers working - still knowledgeable and helpful. On a Tuesday in Dec, probably boasts a better social atmosphere than the town bar. Not a far walk at all from town, but that hill will get you when you've got luggage or have just hiked for 3 hours. Also, 2nd-story bath is only half a bath. Literally. Solid walls only come up to your chest! ”
- 03 Dec 2012 Anonymous USA
- “ Love Love this place!!! I dont want to leave this hostal has great vibes in the most beautiful spot!! I dont wont to leave ill be back here 4sure! ”
- 09 Sep 2012 Lisa