MEININGER Amsterdam City West
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Much more like a hotel than a hostel. Beds and rooms are therefore very comfortable, but it isn't as easy to make new friends in the cafeteria common room. Be warned: this place takes large bookings from annoying school groups. Hostel is also in an awkward spot outside the city centre, though a short train ride into Centraal. ”
- 08 Sep 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ When booking this I did not realize how far away from Central Station it was. We had to take a 30 minute bus ride every time we wanted some groceries or a bite to eat (the hotel is in the middle of nowhere). We couldn't even rent bikes because it was too far of a bike ride to go anywhere. If I stayed in Amsterdam again I would definitely pick something closer to the Central Station, as we saw a ton of hotels and hostels in that area. On the plus side, it was nice for how cheap a dorm bed was. ”
- 03 May 2014 Robyn Canada
- “ Awesome hostel. Really good location an great staff. Sara made my say so worthwhile. Can't recommend this place highly enough if you are staying in rotterdam. ”
- 03 Feb 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ very clean, very nice.. this would be our choice of hotel in amsterdam but we were slightly bothered by the hassle of using trains to get to the hotel from the city center. It was also weird that you had no places to smoke weed in the hotel itself, nor directly outside in the hotel vicinity, as it was forbidden for some reason. So, a very good hotel, with the aforementioned two small minuses. ”
- 01 Feb 2014 pyry Finland
- “ Thank you so much yes Lisbon for warm welcoming, amazing free break fast, nice staffs, good location not far from the station, atmosphere of the room, super working wifiand very useful free walking guide with a superwoman in the morning :) I can't believe this price for all that I've mentioned. I really recommend this hostel for anyone visiting Lisbon !! ”
- 28 Jan 2014 Anonymous South Korea
- “ The best hostel I've lived. You spend only 13 euro, but you'll get the service and quality in the hotel. ”
- 14 Jan 2014 Anonymous Taiwan