MEININGER Vienna Downtown Franz
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This hostel is good, but the atmosphere is not. This establishment should not be called hostel, but Hotel! If you like to meet new people and interact, this is not the place to go. Also, the hostel allows school trips, so the restaurant downstairs is full of 16 years old kids. Although, the room are cosy and the staff were really helpful! ”
- 12 Jul 2015 Anonymous Brazil
- “ It's good, but the biggest problem was the air conditioning, wasn't get gold and was very hot. And the breakfast was expensive and wasn't as good. And you have to make the bed, and it's kind of annoying when you get in the hostel tired. ”
- 10 Jul 2015 Anonymous Portugal
- “ Not a hostel so much as it's a budget hotel; not a place to go as a backpacker wanting to socialize. However, for a quiet stay, it has everything you need. Bathrooms and rooms are kept very clean. There is a spacious lobby bar, a great guest kitchen, and laundry service for a reasonable price. They charged us (not a deposit - a charge) to use towels, though, which is always a point against them in my book. Other than that it's great value for your money. and a comfortable place to be. ”
- 31 May 2015 Kevin Canada
- “ I use to visit Vienna quite often and mostly book Meininger but on another location (Sissi). The twin rooms are quite the same in Franz, but we have found some hairs on sheets which was not common for Downtown Sissi. The same thing with towels which seems to be clean but with blood traces which were not washed out. The air condition wasn't automatically adjusted so we kept window open which resulted in a morning noise from the street. Most disappointed was a breakfast for 6.90E without eggs. ”
- 28 May 2015 Anonymous Bosnia And Herzegovina