Macgabhainns Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Awesome small hostel. Social friendly atmosphere, great kitchen, TV/lounge room. Rooms are small but clean and beds are comfortable. Great value. 5 mins walk from town. Ideal for solo travellers or pairs/couples, not a party hostel but great homey atmosphere ”
- 13 Oct 2015 Anonymous New Zealand
- “ We accidentally booked the wrong night, but when we arrived the staff were incredibly accommodating and just fit us in. We got lucky, however, because we got the beds with mattress toppers, and the other ones didn't look half as soft. One of the best sleeps we had during our 10-day trip though. it was great :D ”
- 25 Sep 2015 Melanie Canada
- “ Excellent hostel, very friendly staff and I would stay again! ”
- 29 Aug 2015 Deirdre Ireland
- “ Our stay at Macgabhainns Backpackers Hostel was pretty good. The staff is very kind and helpful in every way and the hostel is very close to the city centre (really around the corner). The only parking nearby is some 100 mt. from the hostel, 2€ per day: we found it by chance driving the streets around the hostel. If you're visiting Kilkenny this is the hostel where to stay! Very suggested. ”
- 28 Jul 2015 Paolo Italy
- “ An absolutely lovely place, felt right at home. Our favourite hostel on our trip! Great staff, great facilities, nice location! ”
- 29 Jun 2015 Monica Australia
- “ Love this place. Favourite hostel of the trip ”
- 12 May 2015 Anonymous Canada