Makako Chill Out Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I don't think i've ever had to leave a bad review but I really didn't enjoy this place. The staff are unhelpful and only some of them seem to know the answer to any queries you might have. They are mostly more interested in sitting on the computer which i think is meant for guests to use for internet. The bathrooms aren't that clean and one has no toilet seat. Often they are without toilet roll so aren't that well maintained. It does have a good location but there are nicer places to choose ”
- 18 Aug 2014 Alison England
- “ So cheap and great location. Perfect crash pad. ”
- 27 Jul 2014 Lena USA
- “ Stayed in a non-A/C room, which was fine for Feb..didn't need it at all at night. Hostel atmosphere was fine, common area has lots of places to relax. The overall vibe not too friendly though0 (but that's all timing...things change depending on the array of guests). Facilities very run down, my bed had an exposed spring, bathrooms were kinda icky. I moved to a hostel in Getsemani area after two nights and was much happier. ”
- 06 Feb 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Our room smell so so so so HORRIBLE!!! like stinky feeds and swet!! that is the only thing that I dislike, but is important thing. ”
- 16 Dec 2013 Asdrúbal Colombia
- “ Good hostel but not the best! ”
- 27 Oct 2013 Anonymous Mexico
- “ Good location and helpful staff. Loved the lemonade that was always offered:) Had the top bunk in the last room (below the window) at the back which was good for noise reduction but when it rained, half of my bed was soaked! Also not good if you're not an early riser as the sun will shine straight in on your face at 5:30am. ;) Perhaps just a small curtain across the window could solve both of these problems? All in all a good hostel to stay in while you explore the beautiful Cartagena. ”
- 22 Oct 2013 Anonymous Australia