Makuto Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Maybe I feel a bit foolish that I did not know this but do not visit this hostel in the summer if you cannot handle heat well, there is no air conditioning in any part of the hostel due to neighborhood noise restrictions and the heat made my traveling companion very sick. The room I was in had only one small, half broken fan to cool the entire room and it was miserable if you had a top bunk as the air never reached you. The mattresses were the most uncomfortable of all my hostel experience. ”
- 03 Jul 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ The best hostel ever! We met new friends there and the staff is super friendly. Their walking tour is probably the best in the city. The hostel itself is mainly consisted of a big interior courtyard, with tables, a bar, a patio, and whatnot. The dorm we slept in was nice, the bathroom clean and the kitchen too. Because of how the hostel is made, everybody is always chilling in the courtyard, so it is perfect to make friends, relax, play a game of chess... Great place. ”
- 29 Jun 2015 Valérie Canada
- “ By far the best hostel I've ever stayed at, and I've had my fair share of excellent hostel experiences. Absolutely excellent staff, also met a ton of incredibly friendly fellow backpackers. Great location, even better community. So sad I had to leave! ”
- 12 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Had such a great time at Makuto! I can't imagine that there are many better Hostels out there. It was clean and comfortable with a very social atmosphere. I will absolutely stay there again the next time I am in Granada. ”
- 31 May 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Great staff. The walking tour was excellent. We went up into the caves and got to meet the cave dwellers. The inside of the caves was fascinating. They have a bar and hammocks! Overall a very clean and friendly place. Highly recommended! ”
- 21 Apr 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Makuto is a hidden gem in Granada (seriously, good luck finding it on the first try). From the moment you arrive, you feel welcome, relaxed, and inspired to meet other people. The staff are extremely friendly, the rooms are clean but basic, and the central courtyard is an incredible Swiss Family Robinson-style escape! As a solo traveler, it was super easy to meet other people and go out for sightseeing, dinner, or drinks. Makuto is so amazing, many guests extend their stay (some indefinitely)! ”
- 22 Oct 2014 Anonymous USA