Makuto Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Makuto is a hidden gem in Granada (seriously, good luck finding it on the first try). From the moment you arrive, you feel welcome, relaxed, and inspired to meet other people. The staff are extremely friendly, the rooms are clean but basic, and the central courtyard is an incredible Swiss Family Robinson-style escape! As a solo traveler, it was super easy to meet other people and go out for sightseeing, dinner, or drinks. Makuto is so amazing, many guests extend their stay (some indefinitely)! ”
- 22 Oct 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ This is definitely a backpackers hostel so don't expect luxuries here. Do expect some great staff and a very unique walking tour with interesting people that you will have fun with. Thanks for a great time!!!! ”
- 17 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ loved the fact that they had the free tour. Breakfast was fine. nothing special though. They had friendly air throughout the hostel. The room seemed clean. But the bed was too high up. 5 stories of bed? I used the top bunk. sort of scared to use the bed. Not only that the location was bad... to high up. and the direction shown in the page was too difficult to find. Not bad place to stay. but I wouldn't stay one more time if I had the chance. ”
- 27 Jun 2014 Anonymous South Korea
- “ The hostel is hard to find - make sure you read the directions before arrival. The staff offered a worthwile evening hike, with a great view over Granada and the Alhambra. The offered dinner (pasta) was really tasty. Great atmosphere in the backyard. We had the double room, which was really worth the money. We would definitely stay at Makuto again! ”
- 10 Apr 2014 Matthias Germany
- “ Such a hippie hostel--with a tree house and hammocks--but it was great. There is a lot of communal space, the staff is friendly, and you can walk everywhere in the city. The bathrooms are communal, but clean. Rooms are simple, but they have lockers which was awesome! ”
- 03 Apr 2014 Anonymous Canada