Malone's Old Town Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Hostel is a good place for people needing to crash for a night or two. The rooms gets pretty loud from the bar downstairs, I got woken up several times in one night. Breakfast is good, showers are great. The only down side was that there wasnt much of a communal area so the hostel felt empty and lonely. Oh and food/drinks are 50% off at Malones Bar, score! Cheers! ”
- 24 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Unfortunately there was only cold water for the shower, but other than that everything was excellent. ”
- 28 Nov 2014 Patrick Switzerland
- “ Nice hostel. Very good location. Not the best facilities, but there's everything you might need. Great bar downstairs, but the way back up it's no joke. Basic breakfast. Good wifi. ”
- 14 Sep 2014 Anonymous Argentina
- “ Great location, steps from the Royal Mile. Room very spacious and quite comfortable. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Only complaint would be the massive pub underneath which became a bit noisy as the weekend approached and night progressed, but possible to sleep through if you spent your day well. Pleasant stay. ”
- 10 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Excellent location a block from Grassmarket and The Royal Mile. Easy walk from bus/train. Half off at Malone's pub below which had great food/drink (vegetarian friendly!). Beautiful women's showers/bathroom. Good sized dorm rooms with beautiful views to the street below. Nice breakfast offered every morning and friendly staff. ”
- 12 May 2014 Tracy USA
- “ Great across the board! This place was impeccably clean. Seriously. Spotless. The cleaning crew has my compliments! Staff was nice, dorm I was in was roomy. 8 beds, but not all crammed into a tiny room. Had a small incident where I was overcharged. I hadn't even noticed, but the man running reception gave me a heads up and fixed it without a problem. WiFi worked well, and there were plenty of outlets and lockers. Great location, and even a decent view from the big windows. Very pleased. ”
- 06 Apr 2014 Anonymous USA