Malone's Old Town Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great location, steps from the Royal Mile. Room very spacious and quite comfortable. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Only complaint would be the massive pub underneath which became a bit noisy as the weekend approached and night progressed, but possible to sleep through if you spent your day well. Pleasant stay. ”
- 10 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Excellent location a block from Grassmarket and The Royal Mile. Easy walk from bus/train. Half off at Malone's pub below which had great food/drink (vegetarian friendly!). Beautiful women's showers/bathroom. Good sized dorm rooms with beautiful views to the street below. Nice breakfast offered every morning and friendly staff. ”
- 12 May 2014 Tracy USA
- “ Great across the board! This place was impeccably clean. Seriously. Spotless. The cleaning crew has my compliments! Staff was nice, dorm I was in was roomy. 8 beds, but not all crammed into a tiny room. Had a small incident where I was overcharged. I hadn't even noticed, but the man running reception gave me a heads up and fixed it without a problem. WiFi worked well, and there were plenty of outlets and lockers. Great location, and even a decent view from the big windows. Very pleased. ”
- 06 Apr 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Fantastic hostel. The rooms were immaculate for a hostel. Bed and pillows were high quality. Rooms were spacious. Everything was clean, including bathrooms. Staff is helpful and friendly. I was there when it wasn't completely full, but if it was, the kitchen might be a bit too small. Not a party hostel or somewhere to hang out with people, as it's not a very big hostel and has no lounge or common area but the kitchen, but a great place to stay at night. ”
- 10 Mar 2014 Corbin USA
- “ The hostel is very clean and quiet at night! very warm (I was there in winter). ”
- 03 Feb 2014 Rodrigo Italy
- “ Very nice, clean, warm, excellent location. The only thing I was bothered about was the noise from outside, the windows are very old so I could hear everything from the street, traffic, conversations. Other then that it was perfect for a short stay in a beautiful city ”
- 26 Jan 2014 Anonymous Romania