Mama Simona Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Mama Simona was within walking distance of Plaza de Armas and all the major sights of Cusco while at the same time secluded enough from all the hustle and bustle and bars. There were some dogs that howled outside the window during the night, but I was too tired to be bothered by them. The common area was cozy and the beds were comfortable and warm. There was a locker for each bunk and an outlet and light for each bed as well. The staff were friendly and helpful AND there was hot water. ”
- 11 May 2017 Christine USA
- “ Pros: safe with a big locker in the room, which fits a big bag (60L and a smaller one). They also offer a locker room to leave your big backpack when leaving to Machupicchu. Cons: Shower with no pressure and took too long to get warm. Poor breakfast, you must pay extra for eggs, ham or to warm up your sandwich. ”
- 14 Dec 2016 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Lovely place! Tended to have a very quiet common room and sedate atmosphere. I'm not sure that the traffic noise and dogs barking could be avoided anywhere that convenient in Cuzco; a pair of earbuds and a white noise app were helpful. The fresh juice at breakfast was a nice perk. Wifi was a bit off and on, and I had one shower that turned cold, but generally an excellent place to stay and coming back to it after visiting the Sacred Valley was welcome. ”
- 30 Jun 2016 Anonymous USA