Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Jose is awesome! Makes you feel like you are at home! They bring you breakfast when you wake up (one day was french toast covered in chocolate and bananas!!) Coffee is on by the time you get up, even if its early! Book your tours with them if possible, he knows all the best places and people. I cannot say enough great things about Jose and his staff at Mama's Home. Go to Tulum and visit, you will see it is all true. Mahalo Jose!! ”
- 19 Jun 2014 nicole
- “ The barbeque at night makes it a great place to meet people from all the different countries that stay there. ”
- 22 Feb 2014 Luc Netherlands
- “ Do NOT stay here. They have no computer so no way of checking your reservation. She didn't have a room for us and we also witnessed her making another guest sleep on the couch because she ran out of room. Which wouldn't have happened if she had a computer to actually see who booked them. I was also called a "dumb girl" for calling the owner out for over charging us. Do NOT stay here. ”
- 14 Feb 2014 Jenna USA
- “ Reasonable place, close to town, resaurants and all the facilities of Tulum. The garden are was nice and relaxing and breakfast was good, was nice and quiet at night. The private rooms had the beds made daily which was a nice surprise and aircon/temp was fine, though the room was a little damp smelling, though it had been unseasonably rainy at the time. ”
- 14 Jan 2014 Nicholas New Zealand
- “ We spent 4 days at Mama' s home this month and came back for 10 days, not only because of the filling breakfast. This was like home for us and we feel sad leaving today. The staff is friendly and smiling, rooms clean and nice. Location is about 100 m from the main street, where you find many shops, restaurants and colectivos. Supermarket is in 15 min. walking distance. Mama is a very kind and hospitable lady, she even served a delicious mexican food for us. Vamos te extrañar. Muchas gracias! ”
- 14 Jan 2014 Anonymous Estonia
- “ Though we had booked our room at Mama's Home in advance & had our confirmation in hand as we arrived, we were told our room had been given away to someone else and that we were to look for another place to stay. Because hundreds of people were traveling to Tulum that week for an event, it was nearly impossible to find another hostel (we ended up in a small unfinished room at the otherwise wonderful El Lobo!). Staff was not very friendly, evasive and unapologetic. Disappointing. ”
- 30 Dec 2013 Brett USA