Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The barbeque at night makes it a great place to meet people from all the different countries that stay there. ”
- 22 Feb 2014 Luc Netherlands
- “ Do NOT stay here. They have no computer so no way of checking your reservation. She didn't have a room for us and we also witnessed her making another guest sleep on the couch because she ran out of room. Which wouldn't have happened if she had a computer to actually see who booked them. I was also called a "dumb girl" for calling the owner out for over charging us. Do NOT stay here. ”
- 14 Feb 2014 Jenna USA
- “ Reasonable place, close to town, resaurants and all the facilities of Tulum. The garden are was nice and relaxing and breakfast was good, was nice and quiet at night. The private rooms had the beds made daily which was a nice surprise and aircon/temp was fine, though the room was a little damp smelling, though it had been unseasonably rainy at the time. ”
- 14 Jan 2014 Nicholas New Zealand
- “ We spent 4 days at Mama' s home this month and came back for 10 days, not only because of the filling breakfast. This was like home for us and we feel sad leaving today. The staff is friendly and smiling, rooms clean and nice. Location is about 100 m from the main street, where you find many shops, restaurants and colectivos. Supermarket is in 15 min. walking distance. Mama is a very kind and hospitable lady, she even served a delicious mexican food for us. Vamos te extrañar. Muchas gracias! ”
- 14 Jan 2014 Anonymous Estonia
- “ i loved staying at mommas home. all the staff went out of there way to be friendly, organising bbq's or helping with washing. the breakfasts were amazing! it was such a chilled out vibe, just like you were relaxing at home. one dorm didnt have lockers but other then that i and my fellow travellers really enjoyed our stay :) ”
- 27 May 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ Great experience at Mama's Home! The staff was friendly and very accommodating. The free breakfast was amazing! We had chocolate banana crepes the first morning and spinach omelettes with mashed potatoes, watermelon, and poppyseed bread the next. Mama is a wonderful lady who considers her guests her children. Would recommend! ”
- 14 May 2013 Jennifer USA