Managua Backpackers Inn
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ Its very isolated and the cabs are crooked they want $20 every time you use the service. I was asaulted and mugged right outside. The location is not worth it stay in central area ”
Hi, Thanks for your comments. $20 is definitely too much to pay, unless you are going to the airport or somewhere far away, outside of Managua. Always make sure you negotiate the price before you enter the cab and if it seems too high, simply find another taxi. The hostel is located very much in the center of Managua in a safe neighborhood, near the major bus terminals, malls, supermarkets, restaurants, etc. It would be difficult to find a better location in the city.
- 01 Apr 2015 Laura USA
- “ Very friendly and engaging staff. ”
- 26 Jan 2015 Kathleen USA
- “ Decent location and staff. The dorm room was very warm at night and insects were always present. Many bites on me and I saw a cockroach in the kitchen. Overall a fair value but if I were to return I’d probably try some place else. ”
- 25 Nov 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Cool hostel, including pool and hammocks and lots of common spaces. Breakfast is not included and the available breakfast seems pricey. A bit away from some of the action, though in a nice neighbourhood. Staff are generally helpful and friendly. One major downside is the lack of hot water. Overall, good place to stay in Managua. ”
- 17 Jun 2014 Anonymous Canada