Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very warm hostel. Location is not in the most urban part of Taipei - quiet, few people about, just the right amount of stores nearby - but it worked better for us, in hindsight, than if we had stayed somewhere busier, like Ximending. Also, it's no more than 50 meters from the nearest MRT station so everything else that you need is a few stations away. Staff are very accommodating and can speak English. Wifi is quite fast. Shared toilets and showers are clean (with bidets and tissues).Nice place! ”
- 24 Oct 2014 Dann Julius Philippines
- “ Great hostel and lovely staff. Feel so welcome upon check in. Location is good too, but highly recommend not to walk back alone at night. ”
- 16 Aug 2014 Anonymous Singapore
- “ Suitable for backpacker and young traveler. Famous XimenDing just 1 stop train distance from LongShan station and 2 stop to Taipei Main Station. Overall stay was satisfied as since you paid for hostel price please do not expect for 5star service. ”
- 02 Apr 2014 Anonymous Malaysia
- “ While it was a little difficult to find, mostly because I didn't check the email that was sent me which has a better map than the one on this site, my stay at Mango53 was fantastic. My room, the bathroom and common room were all immaculately clean.The staff, Duck and Abby, were both extremely helpful and friendly. Duck coming back to the hostel on her own time over the lunar new year holiday to make Tang Yeon soup for everyone was amazing and much appreciated. I highly recommend Mango53. ”
- 29 Jan 2014 Anonymous Canada