Manly Harbour Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ After confirming my booking & advising that I would be arriving late as my flight had been delayed, I turned up to find the office was closed with no one available to help check me in. After leaving a message on the # provided, a young man came out of the hostel, asked my name & said the owner had just called him to let me in. No room key was left out for me (I had booked a double room with an en suite for my husband & I) due to this a dorm room was offered. We declined and left. Bad all round. ”
- 25 Jun 2013 Kelly New Zealand
- “ The price was far above the quality. Staff understands nothing when we talk to them, they do not know anything about the activities nearby. There is no curtains at the window, no doona, no ladder to climb on the top bed. It is very cold at night. The drains of the showers are always full, the floor is dirty. We had full-time residents (!) in our room, plus another weird guy that smoked in the room, seemed to take drugs and talked in his sleep. I would never go back there again! ”
- 02 Oct 2012 Justine
- “ First of all the hostell is a long and expensive train ride from brisbane city center, second it if very hard to find because it is just a small sign that says manly harbour hostel. There were no stairs at the bunkbeds,so we had to step on other backpackers beds to go to our bed, but the manager helped us to change room so we could sleep in the lower bunk bed. The worst thing with the whole experience was that we got bed bugs, and it is very hard to get rid of. ”
- 27 Feb 2012 Hanne Katrine
- “ The customer service at this hostel was excellent - we were made to feel very welcome! Thanks! ”
- 22 Feb 2012 Cherri