Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ They have bedbugs infection. We won't even know about it if not because I am allergic to the bites because typically the bug bites only show up after a few days after the actual bites. It's the worst nightmare. The only good thing is that the owner return my money when I complained about the bugs on the first night. We moved to another hotel after that. Also, we suspect that the bedbug infection is not new because they have a can of spray to kill bedbugs and it's almost empty. ”
- 01 Aug 2014 Anonymous Malaysia
- “ The location is very nice, just at the center of Barri Gòtic, short walk to Plaza de Cataluña, the Rambla, the Mercat de la Boqueria and the beach. Many nice restaurants and bars close by. The rooms are spacious but it is an old building and humidity might be a problem if it is raining in Barcelona (which we unfortunately experienced). Shower needs some work, as the water lingers on way after the person left the shower. Noise is a (bit of a) problem, though the Hostel provides ear plugs. ”
- 28 May 2014 Sonia Portugal
- “ really good place. the owner was nice and really helpful. would come back again ”
- 11 Apr 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Great location! The staff was really friendly, we were met by Jandro at arrival who showed us the apartment and gave us some great tips about where to go in Barcelona. The shared facilities were ok. Nice kitchen/livingroom, but the waterpressure in the shower were really bad. The room was nice and suited our needs, although the bed was really hard and uncomfortable. All in all a good place to stay for a cheap price for a few days, we will definitely be back next time! :) ”
- 16 Mar 2014 Anonymous Norway
- “ The location was perfect (old centre of Barcelona, next to many pubs and restaurants, close to the sea), and the staff was very kind and helpful !! The street is noisy by night but if you enjoy catalan life and go back to the flat late enough (2:00 AM is ok) it is all right! We've been staying a week, and the kitchen was also very helpful, it allows you to cook when you start missing money... I strongly recommand this place :) ”
- 09 Mar 2014 Charlotte France
- “ We spent almost a week at Mapamundo and enjoyed it very much. The staff, Yamien and Jandro, were very friendly and helpful. It was very clean there, the areas were cleaned every day. It is located in the Gotic Quarter, that means there was a lot of noise from the street. But we received ear plugs and then it was no problem. We loved the area around with all the little streets! Thank you Mapamundo :) ”
- 20 Feb 2014 Rebekka Germany