Mark Twain Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Maybe it's standard policy but it was frustrating that there was no toilet paper, soap or towels available. I had to use some creativity after I had gone to the bathroom and realized there was no toilet paper available. Anyway all things considered I was grateful for the opportunity to have a place to sleep and that it was in a good location. The lack of toilet paper, soap and towels will just enrich my stories I can tell people about my travel experiences! ”
- 15 Jul 2014 Edward USA
- “ This hostel is in a pleasant neighborhood with stores and interesting restaurants. Hostels are scarce in this region, so I'm glad this one is available. However, the interior of the house needs a thorough renovation and cleaning. It's old and dingy, the first floor has a stale tobacco smoke odor, and the dorm and bathroom are very basic -- but at least they were not pervaded by the stale odor of the first floor. ”
- 21 Jun 2014 Larry USA
- “ This was a pleasant long-term residence/hostel. Not much of an atmosphere, and definitely older furnishings. The hosts were very nice and welcoming, and the stay was perfect for what I needed. Perfect find for an off-track visit to Hartford. ”
- 19 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ I'm a traveler and I have been traveled to many places. This place is the worth one I have ever been to. The house is scary, old and dirty. The hall way is smelly. The hot water is not hot at all. No heater in the room in the very cold day during the winter. Two floor beds have no ladder. No city map or the attraction brochure.I find this is the worth thing for the hostel because they suppose to provide us the updated map and etc. However, the owner seemed to be ok but well, this is a family bus ”
- 26 Dec 2013 Anonymous Thailand