Masuya Ryokan Sengokuhara Onsen
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The owner is kind but he's not influency in english. After get off the bus guest can reach to Masuya Ryokan by walk only 3 minutes from main street. Moreover at bus stop also have information center for treveller to check transportation info.Japanese restaurant located nearby Masuya Ryokan.To reach to convenient store just cross over the main street.Room is clean.private onsen available. Only one weak point is smell of kerosene which was used for heater. it may make you feel uncomfortable. ”
- 06 Dec 2013 Anonymous Thailand
- “ The owner is very kind and helpful, although he could manage little English. Regardless of a little bit smell of kerosine/diesel inside the building sometimes (which is quite common in mountain area), the room is clean and well maintained. The hot spring bath is fantastic. The location is quite OK if your purpose is to visit Lake Ashi, because there's a bus stop about 5 min walk away. Overall, the experiece as traditional Japanese hotel is great! ”
- 26 Oct 2012 Anonymous
- “ Nice place, no complaints :) ”
- 03 Aug 2012 Alicia
“ The only thing I had trouble with was initially finding the place. The directions say it is a 2 minute walk from the bus stop, and we were lacking internet at the time so we could not look up directions immediately, so it would be good to have photo directions to the Ryokan, or just more explicit text directions. ”
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments about directions. In January, we placed two signboard in front of our building. We are asking the bus stop office if it is possible for them to add our ryokan name and English directions for visitors. Kind regards and we hope to serve you again in the near future! Masuya Ryokan
- 17 Feb 2012 Matthew
- “ A nice traditional ryokan type accomodation, with its own hotspring bath. The rooms are designed to be enough for 2 people. Clean and well-kept tatami style. They are smoking permitted, but do not carry residual tobacco scent. Very friendly staff and welcoming. Their english is very limited though. Good location: easy to find and about 1 minute from the main bus stop. Convenient for accessing many of the attractions in the Hakone park region. Only downside is there is little to do in the evenings ( ”
- 16 May 2011 Minggao