Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Hostel was clean enough, with the exception of some inconsiderate guests. Good location but the atmosphere was not great. ”
- 13 Jul 2013 Alexandra USA
- “ Overall, this hostel was pretty good. there are good kitchen facilities and a nice eating area/lounge to meet fellow travelers. For some reason, it seemed to be especially easy to meet other travelers at this hostel. The only downside was that the reception/office hours weren't great. The office is closed from 12 to 3, which means if you arrive between those times, you basically have to either hang out there or find somewhere to put your luggage while you walk around until the office opens and you can get ”
- 02 Feb 2012 Anonymous USA
- “ You can try your cloth outside your dorm. Plenty space inside the dorm even 7 people. More home feel. Shower and toilet are clean. ”
- 09 Oct 2011 Hiu Yee Janet
- “ Had a lovely quiet stay as it was low season and wanaka was empty,great staff and cute little hostel,thanks Toby for being so helpful :-) ”
- 04 Oct 2011 Lucy
- “ We had a lot of fun staying at Matterhorn South! Friendly and helpful staff and very nice, clean rooms and facilities. Only cons were that wifi was a tad expensive and the hot tub not open later in the evening ”
- 31 Aug 2011 Madison