Maverick Hostel & Ensuites
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great spot and staff. Had some issues with wifi and the bathroom but they were able to fix it after a few hours. More for traveling in a group, not a party or much of a social solo traveler spot to be. ”
- 02 Dec 2013 Anonymous USA
“ Great location right next to public transport stations, quite central. Fancy building with high rooms and clean renewed bathrooms. Bed could have been a bit more comfortable and it was very hot in August. Next to a busy street so during summertime (windows open) you should look for other options if you are a bad sleeper. Some spider webs on the ceilings but otherwise very tidy. A bit on the more expensive side but still great value all things considered! ”
Thank you for the recommendation, we are very happy, that your overall expression was positive about Maverick. We are going to pay more attention on removing webs to improve our cleanliness.
- 20 Aug 2013 Teemu Finland
“ Its situated at a great location. The staff is great and so is the atmosphere. The only issue we faced was that we got an apartment on the 5th floor and there was no elevator, so it was quite a task. Another problem was the lack of AC or a fan. It was quite hot in budapest in august and an AC or at least a fan is essential. Apart from that its a great hostel. Probably the best in budapest. ”
We appreciate your recommendation a lot. We are sorry about the lack of fans that time. We had a bit of a shortage, but we have bought some extra quantity since. See you next time!
- 04 Aug 2013 Anonymous India
- “ The best hostel ever super friendly staff ...amazing room mates I even stayed on privat room no complaints Will deffinelty go again Thx cheers pink ”
- 17 Jun 2013 suchita Belgium
- “ Except the loud construction directly in front of the building everything was fine. The hostel is a very nice place to stay. Very clean and the staff is very friendly. Not far from the hostel are two metro stations and the river. When I come back to Budapest I'm going to stay there again! ”
- 12 Jun 2013 Corinna Germany
- “ If you want a quiet place to stay in Budapest, then stay here. The stay is great and are willing to help you out. There are two different floors and I was on the second floor. Overall it was a great stay. ”
- 10 Jun 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I had a very pleasent time staying at the Maverick hostel. The staff was very helpfull and friendly. Great location and very good organisation of the hostel. Best place to stay in Budpaest for a low price and great atmosphere. ”
- 27 Feb 2013 Paulina Poland
- “ This is the perfect hostel. It's immaculate, located in a gorgeous and extremely secure building, with lockers (though not for your whole bag, just the essentials like laptop, passport, etc.). The bathroom was the most impressive bathroom I've ever seen in a hostel, same with the lounge and kitchen. Really beautiful place to stay. Nice beds/atmosphere too. Good location relatively close to a lot of sights and public transportation. ”
- 06 Jan 2013 Anonymous USA