May De Ville Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This place is great value for money. My two friends and I stayed in a three-bed ensuite room for two nights, and May de Ville was everything we could hope for in a Hanoi hostel. The facilities were in excellent condition, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the location was ideal. Would definitely stay here again. ”
- 09 Aug 2013 Andrew USA
- “ While the hostel is ok, I would not recommend to use their travel agency. They charge significantly more than other agencies that offer the exact same product. One of the employees tried to trick me into paying 3 times more for the same tours as the agency next door. There are several travel agencies in the same street, and everywhere in the old quarter, so go and check with others before ordering anything through May de Ville. ”
- 17 Jul 2013 Andreas Norway
- “ Showers were a little mouldy for a place that is relatively new, but it was ok. Staff was generally nice and gave good advice, although when I tried to elicit the help of the front desk in finding someone to share a cab to the airport with me, the guy said he know of no one leaving around the same time as I was. A few hours later, I overheard that someone would be leaving about 15 minutes before me! It's not about money and more about honesty and about reducing carbon footprints as business. ”
- 13 Apr 2013 Anonymous South Africa
- “ great breakfast room with a view! ”
- 24 Feb 2013 Anonymous Germany