Melbourne International Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Bathrooms were absolutely filthy. Sheets were dirty and the room had a strong damp stale smell that was really unpleasant. ”
- 05 Apr 2014 Samuel Australia
- “ The cleaning staff wake people up, being really noisy when they come in to the rooms, they take the curtains aside, it's like having a second mom when your surpose to go to school as a teen! And they clean the bathrooms in the most busy time a day in the morning, why not do it at 12 not 9-11 stupid, and they close the thing down for so long!!! But I like they take the rules really serious no guy in female room and not two people in one bed! Good! :-) ”
- 08 Mar 2014 Anonymous Denmark
- “ 10 points for the charwomen - they do a very good job in the bathrooms etc.!! Poor staff at reception. They are one of the slowest receptionists I have ever seen. The rest of the hostel is good. ”
- 18 Feb 2014 Marion Austria
- “ After a mix up at the start (3 of us were put into a 4-bed dorm where the sole occupant had taken over the room and had other people in there(?)), we were put into a 6-bed dorm and didn't have to share with anyone else. The room was clean and the bathrooms were very clean and spacious. The shower had a lot of pressure and plenty of hot water on a cold winter night. Location is excellent - near trams, a walk to the city centre and plenty of food nearby. ”
- 05 Jul 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ I arrived at the M. I. B. hostel at 10:30 at night. The reception desk was closed for an hour for the shift change over I was told by others. I was very tired and someone told me about the Discover Melbourne Hotel, (really a hostel) about 2 blocks away. I went there and it was great! It was pleasant, had a cafe or could have the free breakfast, clean, very organized, good security, and I was able to walk in and get into a 4 bed female room. I did call the Melb. In't. Bkpkr and cancel. ”
- 25 Apr 2013 Anonymous USA