Melbourne International Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ After a mix up at the start (3 of us were put into a 4-bed dorm where the sole occupant had taken over the room and had other people in there(?)), we were put into a 6-bed dorm and didn't have to share with anyone else. The room was clean and the bathrooms were very clean and spacious. The shower had a lot of pressure and plenty of hot water on a cold winter night. Location is excellent - near trams, a walk to the city centre and plenty of food nearby. ”
- 05 Jul 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ I arrived at the M. I. B. hostel at 10:30 at night. The reception desk was closed for an hour for the shift change over I was told by others. I was very tired and someone told me about the Discover Melbourne Hotel, (really a hostel) about 2 blocks away. I went there and it was great! It was pleasant, had a cafe or could have the free breakfast, clean, very organized, good security, and I was able to walk in and get into a 4 bed female room. I did call the Melb. In't. Bkpkr and cancel. ”
- 25 Apr 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Stayed there a week, they have a weekly rate which is cheaper than online rates. Relatively clean toilets. Though quite a few stalls had broken showers or doors. All doors and toilets require passcard, my room had secure lockers (though had to buy locks myself). Computers were really slow and connection was down for one day when i wanted to use it (bring your own or just disconnect for your holiday) Good kitchen and storage facilities for anyone planning to stay long. Train station 5mins walk ”
- 15 Feb 2013 ABDUL AZIZ Malaysia