Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ A great hostel! It is right in the middle of everything; a five minute walk to the Egyptian Museum, and a five minute walk to the nearest metro stop. The staff was incredibly helpful from the beginning, and I enjoyed booking my trip to the Pyramids, Saqqara, and Dashur through their front desk. I made it a point to stay at this hostel again before flying out this coming Wednesday. It is an excellent way to be introduced to the city and this country. Highly recommended! ”
- 21 Jan 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ For first time travelers looking for someplace with tons of value and an extremely helpful staff to help you navigate this large city, Meramees was great! Migo, one of staff members, made my stay memorable. He helped me find food, bus routes, tea spots, and helped me book a hotel for the next city! He did all of this and asked for nothing. He's very genuine and eased many of the concerns I had about Cairo. You truly can't beat this place because of the overwhelming value and great staff. ”
- 29 Jun 2014 Andre USA
- “ Meramees Hostel is a pleasant, hospitable place to stay in the Downtown Cairo. ”
- 17 Jun 2013 Lukasz Poland