Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. People in the hostel were great, very social, great breakfast. The beds were not nice - my bed was a box spring, the sheets were really old, the window didn't fully close, and showers weren't very clean. Location was amazing and for $10 a night, you get what you paid for. ”
- 27 Dec 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ This was one of the most fun hostels I stayed in during my trip to Costa Rica. The owner is extremely helpful and the atmosphere is intimate and relaxed. I would highly recommend staying at Monteverde Backpackers! ”
- 29 Jul 2013 mia USA
- “ We had a wonderful time here! The toilet in our room was broken, but other than that it was an amazing experience and I cannot wait to go back! ”
- 26 Jul 2013 Kiley USA
- “ Monteverde Backpackers is a very nice cosy place. Alonso, who runs the place, is really helpful and has some useful tips on what to do in and around the area. And another major plus - powerful and hot showers which is not the norm in Costa Rica. ”
- 28 May 2013 Ashank India
- “ Hostel was near to everything. I had such a wonderful time and shared experiences with other people staying there. On fridaynight we had a get together with a few locals that were playing guitars and singing. The ambiance was so great that people in the neighbourhood just walked in and enjoyed the atmosphere. Just wonderful. Alfonso, Emel, Comanche and of course little Bob, muchas gracias por el fabuloso tiempo que pase con ustedes. ”
- 09 May 2013 Mariana Netherlands