Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This was one of the most fun hostels I stayed in during my trip to Costa Rica. The owner is extremely helpful and the atmosphere is intimate and relaxed. I would highly recommend staying at Monteverde Backpackers! ”
- 29 Jul 2013 mia USA
- “ We had a wonderful time here! The toilet in our room was broken, but other than that it was an amazing experience and I cannot wait to go back! ”
- 26 Jul 2013 Kiley USA
- “ Monteverde Backpackers is a very nice cosy place. Alonso, who runs the place, is really helpful and has some useful tips on what to do in and around the area. And another major plus - powerful and hot showers which is not the norm in Costa Rica. ”
- 28 May 2013 Ashank India
- “ Hostel was near to everything. I had such a wonderful time and shared experiences with other people staying there. On fridaynight we had a get together with a few locals that were playing guitars and singing. The ambiance was so great that people in the neighbourhood just walked in and enjoyed the atmosphere. Just wonderful. Alfonso, Emel, Comanche and of course little Bob, muchas gracias por el fabuloso tiempo que pase con ustedes. ”
- 09 May 2013 Mariana Netherlands
- “ This was such a great experience. The owner and the staff at Monteverde Backpackers were so helpful--from places to hike to restaurants, I cannot recommend this hostel enough. We made some truly wonderful friends. Coming back to the friends and welcoming atmosphere at Monteverde Backpackers was the best part of the day! ”
- 27 Feb 2013 Madeline USA
- “ Staff was very pleasant and helpful, also a cleaner did very good job and was a pleasant person. I enjoyed my stay there. Breakfast was very nice. The kitchen was small, but it did not border me. There was plenty of room to everybody to sit, eat and/or relax. ”
- 27 Jan 2013 Anonymous Estonia