MoonPad LA Arts District
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The price is good, but everything else is bad to unforgivable. When I went there, no one was there to check me in, nor was there anyone to check me out; they just charged me via credit card. But the story gets worse. I had no bed. They promised me a bed in a four bed-room but there was no bed whatsoever. All I could find instead was a bunch of holed air mattresses that I had no other choice but to make the best out of. There were also people who were stoned, and who looked like a homeless. ”
- 21 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ When we arrived they gave us a story about not having enough beds for two people, but they did find beds pretty quickly when we refused to sleep on the floor. The Moon Pad is an organizational catastrophe, but the rooms are fairly clean, although having an average of 12 people per bathroom is certainly not ideal. For $20/night it's alright since it is close to the subway, but DO NOT leave any valuables lying around, and there is no free breakfast at all and beware the mandatory $5 laundry charge ”
- 04 Jul 2014 Liam Canada
- “ One lady on the staff 5 old me she quit about once every 3 days. My room was not cleaned once in 2 weeks. No food service on the premises. Kitchen was off bounds to guests but policy changed towards the end. Wifi sucked (1Mbps connection being used by 20 people). One guy lost his laptop and there was no help from the staff AT ALL. The damned air matress ruined my back. The only point in this place's favor is that it's very cheap ($18/night) ”
- 22 Jun 2014 Saad Pakistan
- “ They did not have room for me.I had to sleep on the floor in living room.Wifi is terrible.Hostel has only 2 restrooms for 16-20 peoples. ”
- 20 Jun 2014 Thanathron
- “ This is the worst hostel I saw in my life ”
- 17 Jun 2014 Anonymous Armenia
- “ Bed bugs are a serious issue and should not be taken lightly. Bring in a professional exterminator to assess the situation and fumigate properly. ”
- 23 May 2014 Anonymous Puerto Rico