Mount Cook Backpacker Lodge
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I suggest to book YHA instead (smaller, cleaner, nicer) if you dont mind 8 bed dorms. Lodge is more cheap hotel then hostel. Toilet in the room not flushing, totally crowded small kitchen, expensive and not much tasty food in restaurant, staff not helpfull. Refurbishing is needed. Still great location and ok value for money if you dont mind things above. ”
- 20 Mar 2013 Matej Slovakia
- “ This was the most amazing location with unbelievable views! Walking distance to all the great hikes in the area. It's really more like a lodge with restaurant and bar inside. We stayed in 4 person dorm that was very clean with clean attached bathroom as well. Large kitchen and food storage areas. Nice computers and TV area. Very helpful staff. We had a room with a balcony with a fantastic view. Seems that there were rooms without a view or balcony so may want to consider that. ”
- 12 Feb 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ We were 4 persons and had booked 2 rooms. When we arrived it took awhile until the rooms were ready. The kitchen was very crowd and facilities were awfully not enough. ”
- 09 Feb 2013 Mehry Sweden