Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Don't expect a glourious accomodation - the NYC hostel is rather ... basic. But if you don't mind sharing one bathroom with around 20 other guests and sleeping in a room crammed with beds, go for it! Staff and other guests were so nice to hang out and party with! I stayed for one night and had a good time. The location isn't too bad either - especially considering the price! And they do have lockers - just bring your own lock with you to close them. ”
- 23 Jun 2014 Ruth Italy
- “ This hostel was not clean, especially the bathroom. Not only was there a hole in the ceiling above the shower but the hostel looks nothing the pictures on the website. The pictures should definitely be updated to show a more accurate appearance. ”
- 22 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The guys at the hostel made a big fuss about putting us into the right beds and then ended up sending other people into the beds already assigned to us. I couldn't sleep in one bed with my wife, but when two people were given beds in a room that only had one free bed, they just shook it off and told them to sleep together. ”
- 19 Jun 2014 Katalin Hungary
- “ The accomodation is the worst I have ever had in my whole life. Arriving at the "hostel" you won´t find anything like a reception desk, which wouldn't matter if this was just a minor informality. The guy who received us had the reservation on a dirty hand written paper, the payment was only possible in cash and there was no receipt or anything similar in exchange. I wonder whether this place is actually legally registered. Extremely dirty and disorganised. Nobody around to complain in the morni ”
- 15 Jun 2014 guadalupe Argentina
- “ Seemed like a great stay, but some staff not as organized. Good location in Brooklyn close to grocery stores and neat Brooklyn bars and streets. Area was safe and hip. Brooklyn has changed allot and the area is very diverse and full of life. A 15 minute subway ride gets you to manhattan and a few stops later to times square. Had a good stay. ”
- 06 May 2014 Doug Canada
- “ Dirty, messy, there was a hughe hole in the bathroom's ceiling. From the outside look´s like an avery house, it doesn´t seems a hostel. The kitchken was dirty, messy too. Terrible place. ”
- 21 Apr 2014 NICOLAS Chile