Nagano Yudanaka Shimaya
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very helpful staff, making sure we had and at times supplied warm clothes when ever we ventured outside. ”
- 15 Feb 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ The couple hosts of Shimaya are extremely helpful. Room is spacious and comfy with balcony lookout to the town below. No high rise buildings to block your views. Kiseiki dinner is a MUST TRY!! Succlent beef, fresh sashimi and other cooked dishes in a jap-style personal dining room! Host will drive u to and from Yudanaka station and Snow Monkey Park entrance if you ask. Osen bath is terrific to drown away aches from travelling. Overall, VERY GOOD stay! ”
- 10 Dec 2011 Sun Sun
- “ Yumoto San and his wife's hospitality exceeded all our expectations. Not only did he recommend an excellent private outdoor onsen perched on top of a hill with excellent views of Yudanaka and Nagano, he thoughtfully arranged the onsen experience for sunset which had the best view. It was not our first onsen experience in Japan but it was certainly the best. Later that night, we went to an izakaya down the road and had excellent food and sake at very reasonable prices. The snow monkeys were worth a visit to ”
- 04 Dec 2011 Hui Min
- “ Mr and Mrs Yumoto are great hosts who make sure their guests are very well taken care of. When we were there, we felt as if we were welcomed into their own home. Mr Yumoto suggests great things to do so do try his suggestions! Mrs Yumoto cooks well! The ryokan rooms are very comfortable and spacious, and the Onsen in the premises is very nice and free for the guests. We will recommend this place to anyone who wants a more personalized experience instead of an ordinary hotel stay. ”
- 03 Dec 2011 Poh Huat
- “ We had a wonderful time in Yudanaka! Shimaya hotel was amazing and we felt very welcome. The monkey park was a highlight of our trip to Japan and we will recommend this area to all our friends! ”
- 18 Nov 2011 Steven