Nagano Yudanaka Shimaya
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Despite not knowing much English, the family who runs this hotel are incredibly hospitable and go above and beyond to satisfy their customer's needs. They dropped us off and picked us up from the monkey park, and they helped us with the outdoor bath, and they even drove us to a restaurant for dinner because so many were closed for a holiday. Overall I had an excellent experience thanks to their friendly hospitality. ”
- 26 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Very helpful staff, making sure we had and at times supplied warm clothes when ever we ventured outside. ”
- 15 Feb 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ The couple hosts of Shimaya are extremely helpful. Room is spacious and comfy with balcony lookout to the town below. No high rise buildings to block your views. Kiseiki dinner is a MUST TRY!! Succlent beef, fresh sashimi and other cooked dishes in a jap-style personal dining room! Host will drive u to and from Yudanaka station and Snow Monkey Park entrance if you ask. Osen bath is terrific to drown away aches from travelling. Overall, VERY GOOD stay! ”
- 10 Dec 2011 Sun Sun