New Orleans Hostel - Marquette House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ First of all this is not really a hostel it's more like a homeless shelter. The house is on it's way to fall apart. They barley clean the rooms and our sink did not work. The housekeeper came in to the girls dorm to take the garbage out without knocking in the morning. We had to move to another hostel beacause we felt unsafe that the staff were acting rasist and homophobic. The wi-fi does not work. Stay away from this place. ”
- 05 Nov 2016 Ebba Sweden
- “ Ignore the negative reviews. They are in the process of revamping the place. The room was large and well equipped. No bed bugs! The grounds were lovely and property well maintained. The location is great, with stuff to walk to, the street car right there and everything in town was 15 minutes drive time. Quiet street with ample parking. ”
- 21 Apr 2016 carolyn
- “ Never stayed the night. No hot water, which wasn't a big deal, but when I hung a towel off the top bunk for some extra privacy a bed bug crawled down it. So we stayed the night in our rental car instead and went to a laundromat first thing in the morning. ”
- 30 Dec 2015 Daniella Canada
- “ This place is super weird. Shower was pretty gross/no hot water. When I first arrived one of the full time 'guests' helped me find my room which turn out to be the wrong room. Cleared it up with the really nice guy that works front desk, as opposed to the other guy. Wifi is horrible/non existent in the rooms. Watch which streets you walk down. There's a good laundromat down the road that has excellent wifi. All in all, it was an average place to sleep but cheap. ”
- 24 Dec 2015 Matthew Australia