New Orleans Hostel - Marquette House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Never stayed the night. No hot water, which wasn't a big deal, but when I hung a towel off the top bunk for some extra privacy a bed bug crawled down it. So we stayed the night in our rental car instead and went to a laundromat first thing in the morning. ”
- 30 Dec 2015 Daniella Canada
- “ This place is super weird. Shower was pretty gross/no hot water. When I first arrived one of the full time 'guests' helped me find my room which turn out to be the wrong room. Cleared it up with the really nice guy that works front desk, as opposed to the other guy. Wifi is horrible/non existent in the rooms. Watch which streets you walk down. There's a good laundromat down the road that has excellent wifi. All in all, it was an average place to sleep but cheap. ”
- 24 Dec 2015 Matthew Australia
- “ Lousy place. Very Lousy and dirty ”
- 25 Sep 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ At first I had mixed feelings about the roommate, but those doubts were quickly dispelled - very friendly people with whom you can enjoy a bottle of beer. Hostel staff also proved to be quite helpful. But I have some doubts about the cleanliness - a few times I happened to see and kill a cockroach in the kitchen... Anyway - for this price there is nothing to criticize! ”
- 02 Aug 2015 Anonymous Poland
- “ I have had previous experience with hostels (mainly in Europe) but this was by far the best experience. The room was spacious, they provided sheets and towels without charge, and for the most part the space was clean and well kept. The location was great and there were lots of hot spots in walking distance. Would recommend to anyone looking for a cheap, good place to stay in New Orleans! ”
- 02 Jul 2015 Rachel
- “ The staff was not really friendly, and definitely not open minded on arrangement. The dorm where I was smelled cigarette, been there 2 days and nothing had been clean, garbage full, saw no one there to clean the area. The community kitchen is less than basic, no stove, not much commodities and not clean, I would not eat there! Outside table fills early in morning with drinking and smoking dudes! Staff stay at reception, closed from noon till 5PM, no one around dorms and areas .Avoid!! ”
- 08 May 2015 Pierre Canada