Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel was really well located and the staff very nice. However the bathroom wasn't so clean, especially the showers. No possibility of locking the door for the shower, you could see the shape of people using them (even though you couldn't see the body clearly it still didn't feel great to use the shower) and no place to put your clothes or towel while showering. Bad smell when you enter the hostel but doesn't smell bad in the rest of the place. ”
- 13 Sep 2014 Anonymous France
- “ Nimmos has huge potential in my view but a few things could still be improved. However; Main Entrance, Hallways, Stairwells all need bright refreshing lick of paint and removal of worn away carpets as they bring down the tone as you arrive. Windows need to be Dbl-glazed as very loud noise from pub-goers outside til 4am. Dorm bedroom doors should not be unlocked for anyone to gain entry! Breakfast should also be included in rates and a TV would be a welcome addition in the sofa seating area. ”
- 12 Sep 2014 Anonymous Ireland
- “ The hostel is located near the harbour and the city centre, there are lot of shops and tea rooms around. In the night you can hear the stream (when the noise of the pub stopped), which I liked very much. I slept in a 12-bed-dormitory and I was surprised how good that worked. The unisex bathroom was new decorated. ”
- 30 Jul 2014 Meike Germany
- “ Very poorly run. Rang twice to change and then confirm the booking. Arrived to be told no record of change to reservation was recorded. Manage was ok about it but would not allow us or booking fee towards the cost so lost 35 euro. Very dirty hostel with no standards. No key for our room so had to wait for manager to let us in. I missed a bus because he disappeared for half an hour ago couldn't get access to the room. Would not recommend to anyone. ”
- 27 Jul 2014 Anonymous Ireland
- “ The slightly moldy smell when you enter, did not mirror the cleanliness of the rooms (although there was already a sign "Ask for new bed linen if you are not satisfied with the own you got"). They were, like the clean bathrooms, brand new, but sparse, furnished. Did not use the shared kitchen. The owner got a more old-fashioned style and organisation but was friendly. There was loud music outside with no correlation to the hostel. So if you want a cheap adventure with overnightstay, this is it. ”
- 17 Jul 2014 Anonymous Germany