Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We stayed at Nothando's for 5 nights and it was GREAT. Our private room was clean and tidied everyday. The common areas were also clean and perfect for socializing. The food was EPIC.The best part of our stay was meeting the manager of the hostel, Elvis. Super friendly, fun, accommodating and an all around nice man. The ONLY unfortunate part of our stay was the way the owner spoke to her staff. She was so mean to them in front of guests to the point that it made us uncomfortable. Unacceptable. ”
- 13 Mar 2015 Adrienne USA
- “ A good establishment with a range of unique services, but a terrible choice of subcontractors: The transport to the nature reserve which they arranged for me forgot to pick me up at the agreed time (leaving me stranded in the wild) and for the laundry they overcharged me by a factor of four (but "kindly" reduced it to a factor of two after I complained). ”
- 07 Mar 2015 Anonymous Germany
- “ Northando backpackers is one of the best hostels I've stayed in anywhere in the world in 25 years of travelling. The facilities are excellent and the place is made by the staff who are extremely helpful and accomodating. A recommended stay for anyone going to Plett. Thank you ”
- 26 Dec 2014 Tim England
- “ This was by far the best place we have stayed in yet. We booked a double room with a shared bathroom, but when we came to check in, they gave us a double room with our own bathroom for the same price, they said since it was low season and no one was using it anyway :) It was clean, modern and inviting, the food was lovely, and the staff were very helpful. It really shows that the owner has put her heart into this place. Also, they had a really friendly pets. Would without a doubt come back :) ”
- 10 May 2014 Maria Norway