Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great clean place in a good location. One block from the metro and the friendliest staff you'll ever meet ”
- 15 Mar 2016 Jakub USA
- “ No real feelings of getting people to socialise or speak. So not much atmosphere, pretty close to the sky tree and the biggest buddist temple in toyko. There are some good cheap shopping areas close to the temple so thats a bonus, lots of restaurants. And close to subway station, so yeah good location. Wifi not the best. The bathroom in the 4 bed make dorm was tiny but not big problem. Beds comfortable and clean. Staff english good and helpful when you need it. ”
- 18 Sep 2015 Blair Japan
- “ Great location 10 min walk to Ueno station. Friendly and helpful receptionists with suggestions on how to get around the city and tourist spots. Rooms are fairly small but very clean. ”
- 04 Jul 2015 Hao New Zealand
- “ I liked Oak Hotel primarily because of it's value and location. I would definitely stay there again. The Japanese style room is small but clean and cozy. The staff were very helpful and even called a venue to help me figure out reservations. There is helpful information at the front desk too. If you are looking for a very social kind of hostel, the common space is a bit small. ”
- 27 Jun 2015 paul USA
- “ Great stay! Private room is small (especially the bathroom!) but this is Tokyo. There was some construction going on while we were there but as we were hardly in the hostel during the day, it wasn't a problem. Lots of information posted around the hostel. Good facilities. Easy walking distance from Ueno JR Station or the subway. Would use again. ”
- 09 Jun 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ Booked two 1p rooms consecutively. Both the Japanese and western style rooms had hair left in the bathtub drain and so much dirt under the bed that I doubt anyone ever looked there. When I confronted the staff with it, they gave me another similar room which was clean. The staff spoke English, was helpful & cheerful, and there's excell WiFi. Bathrooms are small and leak water on the floor. Airco stinks so much that I turned it off, but rooms were cool enough anyway. ”
- 29 May 2015 Jasper Netherlands