Old Penang GuestHouse
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ DO NOT STAY HERE. I got completely covered in bed big bites. Found one on my bed during the day, indicating that there are way more hiding away. Do yourself a favor and stay away. ”
- 25 Jan 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ This Guesthouse is wonderful with lot of atmosphere. The rooms are nice and spacious, clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Absolutely recommend the place. ”
- 01 Dec 2013 Sarah Switzerland
- “ I would recomend to,stay at this hostel good location friendly helpful staff! Classic old style building ”
- 25 Nov 2013 Paul England
- “ Helpful and welcome on arrival.Nothing that was dissapointing. Mybed light not work but bed was clean in large mixed dorrn. [i was the only guy with 8 women first night half my age. It didn't bother me. Good location. Free computer's  very slow. very centrally located. Penang people very friendly l found and always ready to take time to give directions. Penang a bit dirty for me and not enough natural things like parks and beaches. Stayed for 3 days. ”
- 25 Jun 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ I stayed in the 12 person mixed dorm for 25RM. There was also a 4 person female dorm for 28RM. Would be nice if there was a 4 person option for men for the same price. This is not unique to Old Penang but rather quite common around SE Asia and kind of irritating. Also, the breakfast is good but you have to wait around for the fruit to be served. Not sure why the fruit can't be ready with the rest of the breakfast. ”
- 14 May 2013 Anonymous USA