Old West Gate International Youth Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I'm a university photography instructor and stayed here on semester break for 20 days, spent most of my time in the field taking photos but in all it was a good experience. This is in Old Town Shanghai, so don't expect modernity. Staff spoke some english, helped me purchase a train ticket & find some local Metro stops, Metro systems are reliable & close, Yu Garden a 5 minute walk, the bund about 25 minutes. beds are kind of hard though, no laundry, good water pressure so I say good for your $ ”
- 06 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Location ok but hostel staff not helpful or friendly. Hostel was very dirty, we got a private room that had stains all up the wall and the bathroom smelly bad and had mould. The whole place needs a good clean. I would not recommend staying here. Other hostels I stayed in in china were much much better. ”
- 28 Jan 2015 Anonymous Hungary
- “ I like this hostel. It has very beautiful common area with computers to use internet, TV, books and biliard. Our room was not too big but clean and comfortable. The only disadvantage of this place is the kitchen. ”
- 08 Jul 2014 Anonymous Russia