On the Beach Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This was by far the best hostel I went to on my trip around the North Island. The hostel was vibrant and had a good atmosphere and was located on the beach front, so swimming around was made easier. The hostel was very clean and the beds were comfortable! The staff was very welcoming, friendly and gave a lot of advice on key attractions to see. I only wish I could have stayed a few more days!! Would definitely recommend! ”
- 09 Apr 2014 Gurpreet Singh England
- “ Great place to stay, such a beautiful location. This place is exactly how you want a beach-side hostel to feel - everything was very relaxed, enjoyable and fun. ”
- 30 Jan 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ the location was great, offered some excellent views and you could just jump out of bed and you were on the beach! staff were super friendly and helpful! kitchen was big and clean and showers warm:) what else could you ask for? ps. as in many hostels in nz you get limited free wifi, then you have to pay for it. also only works at the lobby... but who needs internet when they have free kayaks? ”
- 16 Oct 2013 Anonymous Iceland