Oporto City Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ City Hostel is very good. Staff are friendly and helpful~ free walking tour guide will come to pick you up from the hostel! that is a plus! However, there is no wifi in the room and wifi at the reception is not working properly. We had to fight for the only single public PC over there~ hope they could improve this! ”
- 03 Nov 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ This was a top class hostel in every way---spotlessly clean, a very warm welcome, beside the metro in the centre of Porto, good kitchen and outdoor area, good internet and very friendly and easygoing staff with no nasty surprises. Having travelled extensively in Europe and stayed in hostels this was up there with the best for comfort and good value.I will stay there again if I visit Porto. ”
- 18 Oct 2013 Anonymous Ireland
- “ Noisiest hostel I've been to. The hollow floors and walls work like an acoustic guitar: one tap and the sound can fill a concert hall. You do NOT want to be placed in the basement! No one working during the night, so drunk guests can keep running up and down screaming and howling with laughter for as long as they like, so our whole vacation was ruined by extreme lack of sleep. The staff came quickly however when I called and complained during the first night. Cleaners deserve recognition =) ”
- 03 Feb 2013 Tonje Norway
- “ The hostel was quite good, as it was really cheap... but paying a bit more you can find much better ones. The kitchen was the smallest you can imagine and quite poor, living room also really small... and the bedrooms nothing special. ”
- 01 Feb 2013 Edorta