Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Although the hostel is located outside of Cinque Terre, it provides a shuttle service (€1 each way, cheaper than the public bus) to CT in the morning and evenings, which are perfectly suited to a day trip there. Staff were helpful and friendly most of the time, and the hostel provided good value for money. ”
- 04 Aug 2016 Anonymous Singapore
- “ We really enjoyed our stay at Ostello Tramonti. Even though the location was difficult the staff had arranged cheap connections to Riomaggiore and adviced in using the local buses. The staff knew what the guests needed and were very helpful. The atmosphere was relaxed and open, the guests were mainly young people. The breakfast was very good! The rooms were clean and peaceful and had good lockers. I would only complain about the ants walking in the bathrooms and dorms. ”
- 27 Jul 2016 Marja
- “ The staff here is very friendly and helpful for choosing activities. the location isn't great, but they have a free shuttle into Riomaggiore. It was very clean with good bathrooms, though sometimes the showers were full. The rooms were good, with lockers in the room. I wish the hostel had more than the one common area, since it got full during peak hours with nowhere to sit. The people I met here were very friendly and open to chatting! ”
- 11 Jun 2016 Tara USA
- “ The staff as Otello Tramonti were excellent, especially Andrea and his wife. The property is perfectly located and although the shuttle times may seem like they end too early, they're actually perfectly timed and by far the most convenient way to get into the five villages. Comfortable, safe rooms (with your own large locker), and a nice dinner area where we made friends with other visitors. Very highly recommended! ”
- 13 May 2016 Anonymous Canada
- “ Best hostel ever! I loved it so much I kept extending my stay. Amazing place to stay for access to cinque terre, made super easy by the hostel shuttles to and from riomaggiore. The staff are incredible - super friendly, nice, helpful and knowledgeable and there is a great atmosphere which makes it so easy to meet other travellers (while enjoying the excellent food!). Absolutely no complaints about Ostello Tramonti and highly recommend it to anyone and everyone coming to Cinque Terre! ”
- 11 May 2016 Anonymous New Zealand
“ Even though it is about a 15-20 minute drive from Cinque Terre the public bus and free shuttle make it no problem to get to/from the villages of Cinque Terre.Wifi does not work in the bedrooms so everyone huddles outside of the reception desk or upstairs to try and get wifi. At night it is very loud, the wall are paper thin. On my last night the staff and what appeared to be his friends (locals) were very loud and drinking at the reception desk, even with ear plugs I could not sleep. ”
Dear guest, the drive to Riomaggiore is not more than 10 minutes.. Best regards
- 30 Sep 2015 Stephanie USA