Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ Even though it is about a 15-20 minute drive from Cinque Terre the public bus and free shuttle make it no problem to get to/from the villages of Cinque Terre.Wifi does not work in the bedrooms so everyone huddles outside of the reception desk or upstairs to try and get wifi. At night it is very loud, the wall are paper thin. On my last night the staff and what appeared to be his friends (locals) were very loud and drinking at the reception desk, even with ear plugs I could not sleep. ”
Dear guest, the drive to Riomaggiore is not more than 10 minutes.. Best regards
- 30 Sep 2015 Stephanie USA
- “ Food there was good, accommodations were clean and tidy, Andrea went out of his way to pick us up and drop us off. Shuttle is helpful and was always on time ”
- 22 Sep 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ They could use more shelf and hang space in the restrooms and showers ”
- 06 Sep 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ I initially booked for this past Thursday after hearing many good things about Tramonti and they were spot on! The staff Anna, Andrea, Diego are extremely friendly, helpful and great people! Maybe some of the showers could be a little bigger and the wifi could be more accessible throughout the area, but when you're in a hostel, you have to take everything with a smile and live like everyone else--and you're able to meet so many people! A really great environment for those traveling in the area!! ”
- 27 Aug 2015 Raziel USA
- “ The hostel was a great place for our stay in Cinque Terre! There was a hostel shuttle that ran a couple times during the morning and evening (but the spots fill up fast, so it's always recommended to book early!) The restaurant with breakfast and dinner was convenient and worth the price. It was a great place to meet new people as they have lounges outside with a ping-pong table, and one near the kitchen upstairs and the staff were helpful in finding directions and things to do. Highly recommend ”
- 05 Aug 2015 Anonymous Canada
“ The hostel is located in a ideal place. I think they took advantage of that to treat the clients kind of rude.
The restaurant is very good, breakfast not expensive and complete.
They say they clean all the hostel every day but it really doest look like. The showers are dirty.
The reception guys are not nice at all. They are not well informed about the zone and how to get to another places that aren't cinque terre. ”
The staff are a lot nicer and more friendly than you and also well informed about the area, especially apart from Cinque Terre. It was not our fault if you booked the hostel late and you had to change room..
- 05 Aug 2015 Kristine Germany
“ Having traveled in various countries (always in hostels), I have to say that this was by far the worst one. The staff is terrible, the facilities are dirty, and the information on their page is inaccurate. I could only go for one day (a Monday) and every single thing was closed, yet the staff insisted that I stay and that I could still see everything. You'd think from living there they'd know that this isn't true. The location is isolated so there's nothing around the hostel either. ”
we have met thousands of people this year, i have to say that you have been by far the most unpleasant. Half day to visit Cinque Terre is definitely not enough and if you planned bad your trip it is not our fault. The staff gave you all the information and always try to be nice with guests. You took the wrong bus and went to La Spezia instead of Cinque Terre so you didn't visit anything. You just have to learn how to travel and how to be nice with people.. Best regards
- 27 Jul 2015 Talia Canada
- “ great place!!! best hostel in italy. great landscape, clean and cute hosts ”
- 15 Jul 2015 Anna Austria
- “ Ostello Tramonti is a great place to stay. It is away from the hustle and bustle of Riomaggiore but easily accessed on the hostel's shuttle. ”
- 31 May 2015 Daren Australia