Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I stayed at the New Palm Hostel and Hotell as well as took a Dead Sea/Masada/Jericho Tour with Alex and Team. All hostels and hotels have their respective 'niches'. Because I have stayed before and am never disappointed by the continuing sincere and dedicated 'hospitality' and safety with convenience at the Damascus Gate to all in Jerusalem, I highly recommend this hostel/hotel, especially if your first time to Jerusalem. Easy access to everything, includes central banking, groceries, etc. ”
- 29 Mar 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ I cannot say enough about Alex and the Team at New Palm Hostel-Hotel at the Damascus Gate, Jerusalem. It is due to the mutual respect of Alex and the team for each other, and the same respect towards all the guests, without partiality, that I have to rank this location as the very best I have stayed in during my visits to Jerusalem. You enter an 'entire community', with banking, restaurant, grocery stores and fresh produce markets right at your 'fingertips'. Then, add the tours! Wonderful! ”
- 22 Mar 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ The owner tried to offer me a day trip to Masado for 1200 shekels when the standard price is only 280. I booked an individual bathroom and the owner offerd me a room with shared bathroom as insuit rooms were sold out but did not want to return the difference. ”
- 01 Oct 2015 Anonymous Spain
- “ Palm Hostel was clean but the location by Demascus Gate was too busy and trashy. The staff is friendly and eager to occomadate but the cost of our stay was higher than the hostel website indicated. All in all our stay at Palm Hostel was interesting and exciting. ”
- 26 Sep 2015 Kenneth USA
- “ Very good hostel, good value for the money. ”
- 04 Sep 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ Simply the best hostel I have been in my life!It's not only a cheap,clean and central accomodation in the heart of Jerusalem..what really makes the difference is the staff that will make you feel at home since the first second.The atmosphere is unique and authentic and all the people working there are so genuine and helpful!Mahmoud,Hatem,Alex and every single person there will help you with anything,from suggesting places to visit to organizing trips for you around the country.Definetely GREAT! ”
- 01 Aug 2015 jessica Italy