Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Big noise from outside ”
- 31 May 2014 Pavel Czech Republic
- “ Although I sent an email to the staff saying I would be late because of the late flight, they rented my bed and I spent the first night on a lobby couch, of course for the same price as regular bed and without any apology. Then the room was officially 8-bed but in fact there were 12 beds. The water in the shower was either boiling or cold, it was impossible to adjust it to normal. Though it's close to the Old City it's a very dirty area with lots of bad smells. The staff wasn't overfriendly. ”
- 05 Jan 2014 Ilja Serbia
- “ Even though the location is great, very close to Damascus gate, the actual location underneath the marked is not so good (noisy and smelly). It wasn't as clean as I would expect it. It was ok for a night but I would probably not stay there again. ”
- 27 Dec 2013 Tanja Germany
- “ AVOID THIS HOSTEL!!! The facilities are disgusting, over priced, and it is located right next to the Muslim quarter of the old city... ”
- 05 Oct 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Great location near the buses and tram and right outside the Old City. The common space is cozy and the staff friendly. ”
- 21 Aug 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ When we arrived at Palm Hostel we were offered a different room than what we had paid for, and negotiated a new price. Unfortunately we were charged more than the negotiated price, and we had to pay the full sum up front. There were bed bugs in the first room, and the staff took their good old time to help us out. Finally, when we moved to another room, we discovered bed bugs again. We were treated poorly and told that it was our problem. We moved hostels without a refund. ”
- 27 Jul 2013 Anita Canada