Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We stayed 2 nights on a first trip to London. Palmers Lodge is funcy, especially I felt that from breakfast. Please don't miss it because they are delicious! Staff is kind, work anything they can as much as possible. I really appreciate them so much. 3 minutes walk from Swiss cottage is good location I guess. However, Swiss Cottage is kind of far from heathrow airport so if you will get tired on a first day of your trip, I do not recommend. Other than that, awesome!! ”
- 04 Mar 2016 Anonymous Japan
- “ Good = Bed was comfortable. Loved the privacy curtains. Rooms were clean. Bad = Self-service kitchen is a joke: a closet with a microwave, sink, and fridge. You can store your luggage but it doesn't seem very safe. They didn't ask to see any kind of ID when I came back for mine and let me go into the room alone. I could have made off stuff! Meanwhile, you need a key card to move between different parts of the floor, good luck trying to get to the bathroom while half-awake. ”
- 30 Dec 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Great staff, comfortable beds, reasonable food prices, guest kitchen leaves a lot to be desired. ”
- 20 Sep 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ The staff was wonderful and bathrooms were spotless. However, the room I stayed in was awful. The riom had absolutely no ventilation and was in the basement. My friends and I were sweating the entire time and in the morning my bed was directly under the sun in the morning without a working curtain to shade. I wish the hostel put up signs explaining common courtesy because the other guests were unaware of how to be respectful in a shared sleeping space (lights on and off whenever they wanted). ”
- 29 Jun 2015 Megan USA
- “ Even if the location looks far from central London on a map, it´s super easy to access the Underground and get around London. The staff was very helpful and they cleaned the bathrooms often. I would totally stay at this hostel if I go by London again. I felt that I got my money´s worth out of it. ”
- 15 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Very good value for staying in London, with clean and well-kept accommodations (bathrooms cleaned hourly in the mornings), as well as free tea or coffee. Hostel is a bit outside of central London (zone 2 on the Tube), but still easy to access everything. Bar noise on the 1st floor was nonexistent (I stayed on weekend and weekdays). Wifi is good within the lobby/reception area only, but as there is ample seating, it was not an issue for me. I would definitely stay here again! ”
- 24 May 2015 Mara USA