Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ very clean and safe ”
- 01 Dec 2013 Sarah USA
- “ I found papa germano is a good hostel, especially for the quality of the room and tranquility at night. But do not think of sleeping late in the morning there : the cleaning staff is harassing you with their noisy behavior and can show to be very insisting on knocking on doors. The man in charge of the reception in the morning speaks way too loud, and adds his noisy voice to those of the cleaning staff. ”
- 22 Jul 2013 Maquignon France
- “ Only hotel that we couldn't pay breakfast with Visa, only hard cash. We didn't like this. Breakfast itself was very good value for money. Toilet paper was obviously ending but no spare was left. We always could ask for it, but should it be needed to? Although we're not charged at the end, air conditioning was 5 Euro extra per day, nobody told us that in advance. In an hotel without elevator, I think staff should be responsible for bag carrying at check in/out. But we would book again. ”
- 21 Jul 2013 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Like a hotel and a hostel. More like a hotel, but you share your room with other people. Stayed in a four-person room for 1 week. Sink and mirror in room and 2 full bathrooms on our hallway. Rooms cleaned and beds made every day by staff and free soap and shampoo stocked daily. Wifi worked well in room. Breakfast offered (~5 euro). Very helpful staff. Small common area, not too great for hanging out or working. Great location right by Termini station (main hub for metro & buses). ”
- 29 May 2013 Quinn USA
- “ It was our first trip to Rome and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay! We booked the 3 bed room with private bathroom. The bathroom was brand new and very clean! Our beds were good, but if you have any back troubles this is probably not the right place for you. We will definetly stay here again, value for money is excellent and the 5 minute walk to the Station Termini with both metro lines is unbeatable! ”
- 20 May 2013 Teresa
- “ The cleaning staff were really rude during my stay. Dorms - uncomfortable; beds are very close to each other, no privacy. Your experience really does depend on the type of people that end up in your room during your stay. Also, the bathrooms were really sub-par - the showers were clogged and even though I brought this up, nobody paid any attention to this. The 5 Euro extra per day per person for breakfast is really excessive for the blandest "continental" breakfast imaginable. Location - seedy. ”
- 19 Mar 2013 Tamar Georgia