Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very bad and dangerous hostel and neighborhood. Guest was attacked in a dorm room. I heard gun shots outside. My food was stolen from the common area refrigerator. Place is extremely dirty. Trash everywhere. Sections of ceiling were falling. Mold in bathrooms. Bathrooms are dirty and smell. Hallway carpets are dirty and smell of urine. Very poorly maintained and run down premises. This place is so bad that I filed a Chicago Dept. of Health complaint against the place. Staff are also really bad. ”
- 09 Oct 2017 Anonymous USA
- “ This place is a total dump. The area is very bad & not at all safe. Someone got shot just outside the hostel when I stayed here. The furniture is old and torn. The mattresses are the worst. No Internet, no elevator & no towels for guests. The place and especially the bathrooms are very dirty. Mold in bathrooms. Poor or no lighting in bathrooms. No toilet paper. Hallways are musty & carpets are filthy & smell of urine. A drug dealer & homeless people live here. The staff are very rude. Total slum ”
- 23 Sep 2017 Anonymous USA
- “ The air conditioning was out for 2/3 days we were there. The room was so muggy and there was no way to circulate air. We had to buy a small fan that we kept running the whole time to get a little relief. The smell in the room was also made worse by the lack of AC. It smelled damp and moldy in the room and was not a good experience at all. At the end of the day I did not look forward to going back to our room. Bathroom also needs cleaning and updating! Hair and clogged drains everywhere! ”
- 17 Aug 2017 Anonymous USA
- “ Staff was really nice and helpful. Location is excellent. Will always come back. ”
- 07 Aug 2017 Anonymous USA
- “ Wonderful time ”
- 19 Jan 2017 Richard