Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very bad and dangerous hostel and neighborhood. Guest was attacked in a dorm room. I heard gun shots outside. My food was stolen from the common area refrigerator. Place is extremely dirty. Trash everywhere. Sections of ceiling were falling. Mold in bathrooms. Bathrooms are dirty and smell. Hallway carpets are dirty and smell of urine. Very poorly maintained and run down premises. This place is so bad that I filed a Chicago Dept. of Health complaint against the place. Staff are also really bad. ”
- 09 Oct 2017 Anonymous USA
- “ The air conditioning was out for 2/3 days we were there. The room was so muggy and there was no way to circulate air. We had to buy a small fan that we kept running the whole time to get a little relief. The smell in the room was also made worse by the lack of AC. It smelled damp and moldy in the room and was not a good experience at all. At the end of the day I did not look forward to going back to our room. Bathroom also needs cleaning and updating! Hair and clogged drains everywhere! ”
- 17 Aug 2017 Anonymous USA
- “ Staff was really nice and helpful. Location is excellent. Will always come back. ”
- 07 Aug 2017 Anonymous USA
- “ Wonderful time ”
- 19 Jan 2017 Richard
- “ We got free breakfast, towels and hair dryers, the employees are very helpful and the breakfast was great for a hostel, toast, eggs, porridge, cereals, apples, coffee, tee. You can easily walk into the city, less than 10 minutes to Willis tower, metro station and bus station is closed by. ”
- 29 Dec 2016 Anonymous Germany
- “ Good location, only two blocks from the blue line and three stops from the Loop. Customer service is very good and there's someone at the desk 24 hours. Biggest problems for me were 1)the shower took too long to heat up, there were two showers in one room together (can't say I'm a fan of random people seeing me naked), and they used kitchen non-slip mats to stand on outside of the shower while drying off. Also, I wasn't a fan of the fact that there was no elevator. Fourth floor walk ups ughhh ”
- 02 Dec 2016 Brendon USA