Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I had a quick stay for one night. The guy at the front desk was very friendly and happy to help explaining everything I needed to know. The beds were simple and seemed clean and well cared for. The air freshener spray was a little annoying making it a bit difficult to fall asleep. The bathroom I used was snug and none of the doors locked, but otherwise good. In the morning they served free breakfast at the attached restaurant. I enjoyed eggs on toast and orange juice. Overall great! ”
- 02 Dec 2013 Stephanie Australia
- “ Great place to stay near downtown chicago! Excellent Staff and Breakfast! ”
- 23 Nov 2013 Assia France
- “ I had a single room, and it was clean and comfortable for hostel standards. Bathrooms were fine also. Breakfast was fine. Location is good, just off the downtown beat. I'd stay there again. ”
- 18 Oct 2013 Denis Canada
- “ This was such a convenient place for the price, I was three blocks away from Union Station in what felt like a safe part of town. I was only a 30 minute walk to the Art Institute and cabs were easy to hail from the corner street. Plus there were several cool restaurants really close. The staff was very friendly, they provided breakfast in the morning! The stairs were really creaky and worn and the building was a bit rough around the corners but the bed was comfy and the room was secure. ”
- 05 Oct 2013 Nicole USA
- “ Insufficient restroom/shower facilities for number of guests. Wifi was poor to non-existent. Another hostel in The-Loop is the same price and far superior. No handicapped access. Rooms are not secure unless every guest remembers to lock the door. ”
- 04 Oct 2013 Kenneth