Passenger Ship Avanti
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Reall cool, friendly place but expensive for a hostel and the directions walking there are very confusing. I never actually saw the IJ tunnell. Print out your own directions beforehand if possible. Loved staying on a ship. Room was very small, but that's understandable. EXCELLENT FREE BREAKFAST! Run by a helpful and friendly young couple. ”
- 17 Jan 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Very nice stuff! Dave and Annie were so lovely, helpful and just as kind as possible :) Had so much fun in there place, they gave useful advices where to go and what to see, and Dave told very funny stories at night about life and Nelson "The First" :D best guys! Definitely wanna go back to visit them ”
- 01 Dec 2014 Christopher Germany
- “ Was a very good experience stay there and the staff was awesome, thaks for everithing. Best Regard from Guatemala :) ”
- 22 Jun 2014 ANA Guatemala
- “ Dave and Anni run an amazing ship, and the experience made my boyfriend's and my stay in Amsterdam so much more fun. Fantastic location walking distance from Centraal meant we never needed to rent a cab, and they even gave us a whole map of recommendations. The cabins were tight but cozy as expected, but the best feature is the living room / dining area they put together on the top deck. 2 euro beers, cozy decor day & night, I just can't say enough good things about our experience! ”
- 18 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ It was unfortunately not well soundproofed and, therefore, noisy, especially during the night, because of the other guests slamming doors and speaking to one another very loudly in the corridor or in their own rooms, even at 2 or 5 in the morning! Apart from that, Dave & Anni are really nice hosts, they give you great advice to visit Amsterdam, the sitting room on the upper deck is comfortable, for a cup of coffee or even for diner (the homemade pizza is delicious)! ”
- 28 May 2014 Daphnee France
- “ We stayed on the Avanti for 5 days and expected space to be tight, but were very pleasantly surprised that our cabin (with 2 small beds attached to the wall) had its own sink and enough room for us and our (lots of) luggage to sleep. The BEST part of our stay was Dave and Annie! They kept the ship spotlessly clean, and the upper deck common area was a great place to relax and meet people. The ambiance and location are ideal, and a lot of love has gone into that ship: it felt like coming home :) ”
- 11 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA