Peking Yard Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I travel all over China and this is the best hostel I have stayed in! The common area is cozy, warm, and filled with fresh flowers. It is, by far, the best part of the hostel. The rooms were good too, but I would ask for a room nearer the back if you are staying in a mixed dorm cause the door is loud. All in all, it was great! Even in January, all the rooms are kept warm. Stay at this hostel! ”
- 16 Jan 2014 Joel USA
- “ Not so good. To expensive, tries to be cool, but isn't. Not a hostel, not a hotel, combination of both elements makes it worse. There´s much better and more interesting places in Beijing to stay for this price. Maybe the team is to young.. So wish they can make it better in future.. ”
- 12 Dec 2013 Marc Germany
- “ Wonderfully soft mattresses. washer AND dryer - BUT can only be used from 0900-2000. good breakfast and have a bakery just around the corner if you prefer that. Bank with ATM also just around the corner. Two subway lines within very short walking distance. Walking distance to Nanlougoshan for great shopping in the old alleyway.Has a few unique shops - not just the same old junk stores as everywhere else. Plenty of hot water in shower. a/c works well. second time I've stayed there in Beijing. ”
- 14 Aug 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Very pleasant atmosphere, very happy we opted for the hutong / courtyard. It was a much better experience than a regular hotel or hostel. The courtyard is kept up exquisitely and the atmosphere cannot be beat. My only complaint is the laundry, my clothes were literally compacted into a ball and left on the bed, they were too wrinkled to be worn and my socks were missing, but than that the place was great and I would highly recommend it. ”
- 13 Jul 2013 Brian USA
- “ more expensive than most hostels, but probably because it's Beijing. staff is stellar! mattresses were as soft as mine at home! Shower awesome - lot of hot water and high enough that I didn't have to do a backbend to use it (I'm aound 5'11"). Short walk to two different subway terminals. Difficult for the taxi to get down the alley so you will likely have to walk from the main road to get to the hostel. Good western breakfast and great bakery within short walk too. Bank just around the corner. ”
- 08 May 2013 Anonymous USA