Peking Yard Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Wonderfully soft mattresses. washer AND dryer - BUT can only be used from 0900-2000. good breakfast and have a bakery just around the corner if you prefer that. Bank with ATM also just around the corner. Two subway lines within very short walking distance. Walking distance to Nanlougoshan for great shopping in the old alleyway.Has a few unique shops - not just the same old junk stores as everywhere else. Plenty of hot water in shower. a/c works well. second time I've stayed there in Beijing. ”
- 14 Aug 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Very pleasant atmosphere, very happy we opted for the hutong / courtyard. It was a much better experience than a regular hotel or hostel. The courtyard is kept up exquisitely and the atmosphere cannot be beat. My only complaint is the laundry, my clothes were literally compacted into a ball and left on the bed, they were too wrinkled to be worn and my socks were missing, but than that the place was great and I would highly recommend it. ”
- 13 Jul 2013 Brian USA
- “ more expensive than most hostels, but probably because it's Beijing. staff is stellar! mattresses were as soft as mine at home! Shower awesome - lot of hot water and high enough that I didn't have to do a backbend to use it (I'm aound 5'11"). Short walk to two different subway terminals. Difficult for the taxi to get down the alley so you will likely have to walk from the main road to get to the hostel. Good western breakfast and great bakery within short walk too. Bank just around the corner. ”
- 08 May 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I really enjoyed this Peking Yard Hostel. It has a great atmosphere, the staff are friendly, it has a relaxing lounge cum dining area and the staff are very helpful and friendly. It is a great location right next to the subway and the subway is all you need to get around at only RMB2 to anywhere! The shower that was blocked but once fixed was great. They have good food here local and western cuisines. They also do sandwiches that came in handy for the day trips and they have great coffee! ”
- 05 Feb 2013 Simon New Zealand